By choosing to send your child to St. Francis de Sales Catholic Academy, you are choosing to meet the tuition payments. All tuition and fees should be paid in the form of a check or money order, not cash. Please put your family account number on all tuition payments. There is a fee of $20 for any checks returned for insufficient funds.
TUITION FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR IS LISTED BELOW. THERE WILL BE A $25 LATE FEE PER MONTH FOR ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE TUITION TO US BY THE 15TH OF THE MONTH, INCLUDING JULY 15TH AND AUGUST 15TH.
Every Catholic family must be “affiliated” with their home parish to receive the Catholic-Affiliated tuition rate. In order to be considered “affiliated” with your home parish, a Catholic family must be registered with the parish, participate in the worship and life of their parish on a regular basis and financially support the parish. The affiliation will be verified with the local parishes to determine whether a family is eligible for Catholic-Affiliated tuition.
½ Days (M/W/F)
Catholic – Affiliated 3850
Pre-Kindergarten (Monday – Friday)
5 Full Days
Catholic – Affiliated 4950
Discounted Pre-Kindergarten (for families with a child or children in K-8)
5 Full Days
Catholic – Affiliated 4000
1 child 4750
2 children 8250
3 children 10950
4 children 13350
5+ children 15150
1 child 5550
2 children 8950
3 children 11650
4 children 14050
5+ children 15850
Tuition payments are due on the 15th of the month beginning July 15th and ending April 15th. A $25 penalty will be charged for late payments.
Book and Materials Fee, Pre-K to 8th
The fee is $150 for all students in PK to grade 8- Due on November 1st 2019
Technology Fee, K to 8th
The fee is $50 for all students in K to grade 8- Due on November 1st 2019
The fee is $50 for all families in Nursery to grade 8- Due on November 1st 2019
Lunch Fee, Pre-K to 8th
$100 per family – due at re-registration in January 2020
Graduation Fee, Grade 8
$225 per student- due on March 2nd 2020
Re-Registration Fee, all grades
$75 per student – due at re-registration in January 2020
Regents Fee- Grade 8 Regents Class
$50- due by April 3rd 2020
Since the stability of our school and the quality of its programs are of the utmost importance, we are always seeking ways to make improvements to benefit everyone. After much research and investigation, we have partnered with FACTS Management Company to help us manage our tuition payment program and financial aid assessment. FACTS is used by many schools locally and over 6,500 schools nationally. We are excited to be working with them and are confident this program will offer greater efficiency and financial stability for the school while providing convenience to families.
One of our primary goals this year at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Academy is to concentrate our efforts on improving the business side of our school. By taking advantage of the security and convenience of payment processing and information technology offered by FACTS, we remain committed to this goal. Tuition payments for the 2018-2019 school year can be paid online, by phone, or by mail. You may also sign up for auto pay as well. Only in an emergency will payment be accepted in the school building and/or rectory.
For those families that have an Invoice Payment Plan, each month, 20 days before your payment due date, FACTS will send you an email or mail invoice letting you know that your invoice is ready. If you want to mail in a payment, you will need to log into their FACTS account and click on the Actions button and choose the Mail In a Payment link.
You will be taken to the Mail In a Payment Screen that has the 3 step instructions.
- Click on the Print link next to each invoice for which you will be mailing in a payment. Print out the invoice(s).
- Cut off the payment stub along the dashed line.
- Mail the payment stub(s) and your check to:
FACTS Management Company
P.O. Box 2597
Omaha, NE 68103-2597
Any questions please feel free to call FACTS at 1-866-441-4637
Register your child(ren) in a Catholic Elementary school/academy in Brooklyn or Queens; students who are not yet registered cannot be considered for tuition assistance.
Fill out the online application and submit with required supporting documentation (applicants will be notified of what is required in order to complete the application).
Diocesan Academy Tuition Policy
The success of our Academy relies on the commitment of our families to make Catholic education a financial priority. The Academy has full‐year contractual and financial obligations that must be met, such as teacher salaries, utility bills, building maintenance and improvements, and other expenses. Families that seek enrollment are required to satisfy the annual tuition by specified due dates.
These policies are not intended to deprive anyone of a Catholic education. It is our desire to maintain a fair approach to collection of tuition and to provide a sound financial policy for the overall welfare of our families. We encourage all responsible parties to maintain open communication with the business office to ensure a complete understanding of each family’s financial obligations. The goal of our academy is to provide a Catholic education to every student who desires one, but only by mutual cooperation can we make certain that this goal is met. Parental non‐payment or delinquency in meeting financial obligations creates an additional burden for the Academy.
- Tuition contracts specifying a payment schedule should be published and shared with families. All families must sign an enrollment contract that guarantees the family will be responsible for the full payment of tuition for the academic year.
- Academies should arrange for all tuition and fees to be collected through FACTS Tuition Management.
- Tuition payment schedule should follow the most appropriate schedule for the academy and parents: monthly, one payment, or three installments.
- Academies reserve the right to place severely delinquent accounts in the hands of a collection agency or its attorneys for collection. It is not our desire that any family should incur unnecessary legal fees or suffer further embarrassment or inconvenience in this regard. Again, we encourage prompt communication with the academy in an effort to avoid litigation.
- In order to withdraw a student, the parent must submit written notice to the principal in advance of the withdraw date. This enables the academy to prepare necessary information and settle accounts. No student records will be forwarded to another academy or school until all accounts have been settled.Following the terms of the enrollment contract, refunds will be made only in accordance with the stated guidelines and/or at the discretion of the administration. The refund must be requested prior to the start of the period for which payment would be made.
- Delinquency Management
- By standard practice, FACTS will send payment reminders prior to any due date, returned payment notices in the case of a failed payment, and will make automated phone calls to delinquent payers. It is the responsibility of each academy to closely monitor delinquencies. Payers who fail to communicate with the academy and resolve the delinquency through a payment schedule approved by the academy will result in suspension of services for the student.
- Students will not be permitted to attend class at the start of the trimester should any balance be past due.
- No student will be permitted to begin an academic year unless all registration and other required fees are current. Registration and other required fees are paid through FACTS Tuition Management at enrollment. Enrollment for students whose families are not current in the registration or other required fees by June 30 may be cancelled at the discretion of the academy. In no event will students be permitted to attend class at the commencement of the academic year unless the delinquency is paid in full.
- In order to participate in graduation activities, all debts for eighth grade students must be cleared by the first Monday of May. Eighth grade transcripts will not be released to the high schools if the financial obligations have not been met.
- All fees must be paid in full before records or progress reports will be processed. It is the sole discretion of the academy to withhold trimester exams, report cards, transcripts, records, and diplomas until all financial obligations are satisfied in full.
7. A Tuition Assistance Committee must be in place at every school/academy