I hope everyone is having a great start to his or her Labor Day Weekend.
I have so enjoyed reading all of your children’s postcards over the last few weeks. It seems that all have had an exciting summer.
We too have had an exciting summer as well. In a few days St. Francis de Sales will open its doors for the 107th year to over 560 students. Teachers have been hard at work and the hallways and classrooms look spectacular. The floors are shiny and are ready for a new school year. Most importantly the administration, faculty, and staff here at St. Francis look forward to greet your children on Wednesday for that all-important first day of school.
The main office of the school will be open Tuesday 9/3 from 10:30am-12:30pm. As always if there any questions before the school year begins please give us a call or send us an email. Please see below for a detailed schedule on the first week of school.
On the first day of school, many papers will go home with your children; some need to be returned in a timely manner. It is the belief of the St. Francis community that establishing and maintaining open lines of communication between school and family strengthens the feeling of support all children need to be successful in school. We have assembled some notices and information pertinent to the start of a new school year.
Many of these notices are available now on our school website and can filled out ahead of time. They can be found in the lists and forms section .
First Week of School Schedule
Wednesday, September 4th 2019 7:55am – 12:00noon
- This is the first official school day for all students in grades one through eight. Beginning at 7: 40am until 7:55 am, Students in grades 1 through 4 are to report to the playground (gym if there is inclement weather) and grades 5 through 8 are to line up on 129th street (gym if there is inclement weather). Students are to come to the School in full school summer uniform, with their supplies.
- Kindergarten children are invited to visit the classrooms with a parent/guardian from either 9:30am to 10:15am (Last Name A-M) or 10:30am to 11:15am (Last Name N-Z) Uniforms are not necessary.
- Families are welcome to join the St Francis community at our Opening of School liturgy (Grades 1-8) at 11:00am, in Saint Francis de Sales Church.
- No NYC Yellow Bus Service
- Faculty Professional Development 12:30pm-2:45pm
Thursday, September 5th 2019 7:55am – 2:30pm
- This is the first official school day for students entering Kindergarten. Kindergarten students begin at 9:30am and are to report to the playground (small hall if there is inclement weather) and will be dismissed at 12:00pm. Students are to come to the School in full summer school uniform.
- Beginning at 7:40am until 7:55 am, Students in grades 1 through 8 are to report to the gym.
- Full day instruction begins today for students in Grade 1 through Grade 8. St. Francis’s day begins promptly at 7:55am. Students will be marked late if they arrive in the building after 8:00am.
- Parents are invited to breakfast, from 10:00am-11:00am, in the small hall. Come and have a bagel and a cup of coffee. This will be an opportunity for all of our families new and old to mix and mingle with the Francis community.
- NYC Yellow Bus service begins
- Early Childhood Meet the Teacher for Nursery and Pre-K Parents at 6:30pm
Friday, September 6th 2019 7:55am – 2:30pm
- Beginning at 7:40am until 7:55 am, Students in grades K through 8 are to report to the gym.
- Full day instruction continues today for students in Grade 1 through Grade 8. St. Francis’s day begins promptly at 7:55am. Students will be marked late if they arrive in the building after 8:00am. Kindergarten is dismissed at 12:00n on this day.
Summer Packets: Please use these last few days to make sure that your children have kept up with their summer reading and work. For all summer assignments and supply lists please click here.
Summer Uniform: Just a reminder that on the first day of school students are in their summer uniforms; the summer uniform consists of the following:
Boys and Girls Grades 1-8
Tan uniform shorts, blue golf shirts with the school emblem, black or brown shoe (sneakers and sandals are not permitted; Sperrys/Boat shoes without design or bright colors may be worn with white/black socks), white/black socks and a black or brown belt. Shorts are to be worn just above the knee. Short shorts are not acceptable.
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Uniform mesh shorts and t-shirts with school emblem (Pre-K: Maroon, Kindergarten: Gray) white socks, sneakers with velcro or shoelace closures
For more information about uniforms including our winter uniform policy please click here.
Please check with our uniform policy before buying shoes, socks and belts for the 2019-2020 school year.
After School Program: Saint Francis de Sales Catholic Academy’s Afterschool program will begin on Monday, September 16th 2019. Instructional program offerings and registration forms will be distributed during the first week of school. After School registration forms and information is available on our website or by clicking here. Any questions about After School please give the main office a call.
Early Morning Drop Off Program: Starting on Monday September 9th we will be offering an Early Morning Drop off program from 7am-7:40am each day. For more information about this program please click here. This information will be sent home on the first day of school as well.
Yellow Bus Service: All those students who are planning on riding the yellow bus should receive a letter on the first day of school with their NYC OPT ID Number and information on how to look up your child’s bus route. Just a reminder there is no NYC Bus Transportation on Wednesday 9/4/19. NYC Bus service begins on Thursday 9/5/19.
Tuition Accounts: Starting a few weeks ago all families should of begun to pay their families tuition through our FACTS system. Tuition payments for the 2019-20120 school year can be paid online, by phone, or by mail. You may also sign up for auto pay as well through your bank account or credit card. Only in an emergency will payment be accepted in the school building and/or rectory.
For those families that have an Invoice Payment Plan, each month, 20 days before your payment due date, FACTS will send you an email or mail invoice letting you know that your invoice is ready. If you want to mail in a payment, you will need to log into their FACTS account and click on the Actions button and choose the Mail In a Payment link.
Any questions please feel free to call FACTS at 1-866-441-4637
Any questions about your account please reach out to our Bookkeeper Mrs. Marguerite Kazalski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy those last days of summer and have a great weekend!