Heading into February….
Sometimes the winter days seem to never end, yet here we are at the end of January! February will be a fun-filled and exciting month.
- We kick off February with our annual Pancake Pajama Party to celebrate the letter Pp. This will be on Friday February 1st.
- February 2nd is groundhog day. What’s your prediction- An early spring or 6 more weeks of winter?
- And how many children will be rooting for their favorite football team on Super Bowl Sunday? How many Patriots fans and how many Rams fans do we have?
- Wednesday February 6th will be a half day for Teacher Appreciation Day. Students get to dress down on this day!
- On Friday February 8th we will celebrate the Chinese (lunar) New Year after spending the week learning about Chinese culture and Customs.
- Monday February 11th kicks off Catholic Schools Week. It is also the 100th day of school. Children will come in wearing a shirt to represent the 100th day of school. Feel free to get creative…. Also the older children will come to our classroom to share some of their favorite board games from when they were little with us.
- On Tuesday February 12th, students will come in dressed as their favorite literary character. Again, feel free to get creative….
- We will show how proud we are of our school by wearing an SFDS shirt to school on Wednesday February 13th.
- February 14th- Valentine’s Day! Wear something red, and we will have a special celebration in the classroom/
- Ending our week will be Blue and Gold day on Friday February 15th. This year PreK A is the blue team. Come in wearing as much blue as possible!! we will make a brief special appearance in the gym!
Mid-winter break begins on Saturday February 16th. Enjoy the week off!