With the Thanksgiving holiday fast approaching, we can’t help but look forward to the warmth and love that surrounds us during this special time. It is unlike any other celebration; families gather together–without gifts–to spend time laughing, eating, and giving thanks for all of the blessings in their lives. This day teaches us to remember the most powerful aspects of this life: the time we share with those we love, appreciation for all of the blessings the Lord has given to us, and of course, a delicious spread of turkey and all the fixings!
When we return on December 2nd, we will be in the midst of preparing for the birth of the Christ Child. One of the presents that we give him is our gift of song for our annual Christmas Show on December 17th and 18th at 6:30 pm. A ticket order form is attached to this letter.
One of the reasons for sending this note home before we break is to make sure that all parents are aware of the Christmas Show procedure and dress attire or costumes that are expected for that night.
This year our Christmas Show “The Christmas Road Trip” will be a show created especially for our students. Each class is going to take part in a scene of the play. With the use of the entire stage for each scene, we must split our performance days.
- The A and C classes will perform on December 17th
- The B classes will perform on December 18th
- The school band and 5th Grade Sign Language Club will perform at each performance on both nights.
- Each night that your child(ren) are performing, families are entitled to two Adult tickets. Those ticket orders are due by Friday December 6th. Starting on Tuesday December 10th we will sell any extra tickets (limit 4 additional per family) until we sell out. Please do not send in any orders for extra tickets until Tuesday 12/10 (if available)
- Please note, if a St. Francis de Sales student who is not performing would like to see the shows, discounted SFDS student tickets are available to purchase for $3.
Any questions feel free to get in touch with Ms. Mangano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Band students, Sign Language Club Students in Grade 5 and Kindergarten students will receive instructions in the following weeks about arrival and dismissal on the show nights. Students arrive no earlier than 6pm and should enter the door on Newport Avenue side of the school. They will be directed to their rooms from there. Members of the audience will enter through the main door.
For safety reasons, every child in Grade 1-8 in the show must remain in school with his/her class until the play is over. Please do not ask for your child to be dismissed early. Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this matter.
Please note that if a child is sick on the day of their show he or she should not be sent into school for the show. With Christmas and break around the corner, we would like to try our best for students to not spread more germs than necessary. It’s okay to miss the show if they are sick.
When the show is over, the older children in each family should get their coats and go to the classroom of the youngest sibling. We will ask that one parent go to the youngest child’s classroom to pick up the children. Further instructions will be explained at the end of each show.