Catholic Schools Week Parents Guide (2/9-2/14)
- Families are invited to join the parish, administration, and teacher for the Opening of Catholic Schools Week Mass at 10am here at St. Francis de Sales Parish. Please note that there will be a small reception in the small hall following the mass.
- Share a-Game: Students from older grades (5-8) bring in a board game from home that they can play to their younger counterparts. The game should be grade appropriate for the younger student (Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, etc). Any questions please email Ms. Farragher at email@example.com
- 8th Grade students have their dress rehearsal for their Variety Show from 2:30pm-4pm
- National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony at 7pm in the SFDS Church followed by a small reception in Small Hall for new members and their families.
- Students in Grades Pre-K though Grade 4 and invited to dress up as their favorite fictional literary character. They are encouraged to bring a book their character is a part of.
- No masks and no weapons. Students must be able to walk throughout the day and be able to get up and down the stairs.
- Students in Grades 5-8 are able to wear flannel pajama/pants to school.
- Those students selected for the “Time to Shine Show” have their dress rehearsal from 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Family Bingo is at 6pm in the School Gym. All orders are due on Wednesday February 5th. This event is recommend for Grades K-6.
- Students are asked to wear a SFDS Shirt (Catholic Schools Week Shirt, Gym Shirt, etc.)
- All students grades K-8 will be attending our Catholic Schools Week Mass at 1:30pm. Families are more than welcome to join us.
- All students can dress down by bringing some loose change in a baby bottle to be handed out on Monday 2/10.
- Various students from all grade levels will perform in “The Time to Shine Show” at 1pm. Please note there is limited seating for families in the back of the gym.
- The Class of 2020 has their Variety Show at 7pm. All are invited to come out and support. Tickets are sold at the door and are $5 for adults and $3 for students and high school alumni.
- Blue and Gold Day in the school Gym. Students dress down in their team color.
- Grades K, 1 and 2: 8:30am-10:15am
- Grades 3,4, and 5: 10:30am-12:00pm
- Grades 6, 7, and 8: 12:45pm-2: 15pm
- All parents who are coming to cheer the students on are asked to enter in the Small Hall no earlier than 8:15am. There will be bagels and coffee served until 12pm. We do ask that all families park on the street (legally) and on the south side of the school yard. Please no not park on north side (where the kids are dismissed and use for recess)
- Parents are asked to sit on the stage or the first section of the bleachers closet to the stage to cheer their children on. The rest of the bleachers are reserved for the students. We will have a schedule of events posted in the small hall so parents can gauge when their children will be competing.