Dear Upcoming 8th Grade Families,
Please see the following information from the TACHS exam.
There is no question that COVID-19 has changed the way students learn and the way teachers instruct. Testing students has been greatly impacted as well. It is still unclear what fall will look like.
The safety and health of students and administrators, is, and will always be, our main concern. Keeping that as our main priority, we will be administering the TACHS exam as an online, at-home remote test in fall 2020.
- Prior to registration, Review online remote testing system and device requirements prior to registration and understand and be able to consent to the use of Proctorio; the Artificial Intelligence system that will monitor and record your student’s test session. More information will be added to the website by August 15.
- Register for the exam via Internet or telephone beginning at 9:00 AM EST on August 24, 2020. Register before the deadline on October 23,2020, at 5:00 PM EST. No late registration or walk-in students will be allowed this year.
- When registration is completed, you will receive an email. Read the email thoroughly for other important information and next steps.
- After you register (you will require your assigned TACHS ID), but prior to 5:00 EST on November 5, 2020, enter your High School choices on tachsinfo.com. Your choices may be edited up until November 5. Failure to complete this information prior to November 5, will result in scores being unavailable to your High School choices. (this link will be added to the website by August 15, 2020)
- Between Nov 1-5, access your test date/time/test session code on tachisnfo.com. You will not be able to start your test session on the day/time of testing without this information, Students will test on the day assigned to their aligned diocese. There will be (3) different start times. Students will be randomly assigned to start times, and no time preference can be accepted.
- The Student Handbook will be a PDF only on the website. It will be available by August 15, 2020. Please read thoroughly.
Please return to the TACHS site (https://www.tachsinfo.com) regularly for any updated information.